ObjectivesThe overall aims of ACCIS are:
- To establish and continuously update a database of all childhood cancer cases registered in population-based cancer registries in Europe
- To develop computer software for analysing and presenting grouped data
- To analyse the collected data and interpret the results scientifically
- To devise a procedure for semi-automated updates of the database
- To disseminate the knowledge generated
- To promote etiological and clinical research.
These objectives can be achieved by securing:
- An active network of participating population-based cancer registries
- Collaboration with specialists in paediatric oncology
- Effective communication
- Competent application of methodology
- Regular financial support.